IELTS or International English Language Testing System is the examination that is taken for checking the fluency of the candidates in English communication, mainly when they apply for higher studies or a job in a country where English is the main language for communication with the people.
Hence, many universities in the UK and other English speaking countries want the foreign students to pass this IELTS Examination for taking admission there. But the aspiring students should know about the procedure of IELTS exam preparation, which can help them clear this examination successfully.
How To Prepare For IELTS | Image Resource : upload.wikimedia.org
Steps to be taken to prepare well for IELTS Examination
- First of all, the aspiring candidates should understand the nature of IELTS Examination, for which they need to go through the list of rules and regulations as set by the examination authority. All these rules are clearly mentioned in the application form, which should be read carefully before applying for this test.
- The applicants should go through the content of this examination and the format of this test, so that they can know what to expect in the examination and how to prepare for answering those types of questions. The IELTS content contains separate sections for listening, reading, writing and speaking English fluently, all intended to test the knowledge and communication ability of the candidate in this specific language.
- The sample test questions of IELTS Exam are available for the candidates, which they should practice completing within the given time limit at home, to pass the real examination. After solving these sample test questions, the candidates become thoroughly prepared in answering the similar types of question that they will be getting during the examination.
- IELTS authority officially releases two volumes of Practice materials for the applicants, which also contain CD and DVD for better understanding of the course materials. Both these volumes contain lots of questions and answers on Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of this test. The given CD contains sample questions of the Listening part of this test; while the DVD shows mock test on Speaking section of IELTS. These practice materials can be bought from the shops or online stores that are approved by the official partners of IELTS, apart from any IELTS test center.
- Many applicants may find it difficult to prepare for this examination on their own. So there are many online centers and language institutions imparting special courses that prepare the aspiring students thoroughly for the IELTS examination. The candidates can contact in their local IELTS test center to know about these preparation courses and how to apply to be enrolled in any of them.
When the candidates feel confident about getting success in this examination, they need to register their name in their nearest test center. There is a limitation about the number of examinees on a particular date of IELTS examination, for which the well prepared candidates should try to contact any test center at the earliest and deposit their registration fees for appearing in this examination, to be successfully cleared in this test.